Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Power of One Weigh-In #4

Weigh-In day today arrived with SNOW!!! I woke up this morning and happened to peek out the window before jumping in the shower to get ready for work and saw the ground covered in the white fluffy stuff. We were expecting some rain/snow last night and then a big storm Wed night, but they never led us to believe that last night's snow would be anything worth worrying about. The temperature was high and it wasn't supposed to be an issue. Thank goodness I thought to look out, just in case. School was cancelled today! We probably could have gone with a delay, but then they may have called for an early dismissal, so who knows.

Spent the day organizing my closet and waiting for a couch to be delivered and carpet to be installed. It was a pretty productive day, all in all!!

I didn't get to work-out much this week either, but had an awesome run yesterday at the gym. My husband recommended that I slow my pace a bit and I could probably run farther. I decided to take his advice...and it worked!!! I dropped to 5.0 from my usual 5.4-5.5 on the treadmill and I was able to run for 30 minutes straight...an new personal record! With my 5 min warm-up and cool down, I ran (walking for warm-up and cool down) 3.2 miles in 40 min!!! I was on cloud 9! I'm a little sore today, but so thrilled I did it!!!

My weigh-in wasn't great-no loss at all this week.

Here are my weekly numbers:


Starting weight.................................187.2
Challenge starting weight...............183.0
Last week......................................... 180.8
This week..........................................180.8
Loss........................................................0
Challenge loss.......................................2.2

Total loss...............................................6.4

1 comment:

  1. Great job maintaining. Some weeks are just like that and it is so important to allow yourself to celebrate maintaining as well! I love what you did with your running. It is such a process to find the pace that works and allows you to progress in distance. So glad it worked!

    ReplyDelete