Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Power of One Challenge Weigh-in #1

Once again I am participating in a Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans weight loss challenge. This one is called The Power of One. The challenge actually started last week with our starting weight weigh-in, but I didn't do a blog post about it because we were out of town at my in-laws. I did weigh in though and got my starting weight, which wasn't actually that bad considering how many holiday goodies I had consumed!

There wasn't a whole lot of change with this weigh-in since I was really still in holiday mode until Jan 3 when I returned to work. but I am raring to go for the remainder of this challenge. with 2011 already started, it made me realize that my goal of being "Fit by Forty" is more important than ever. On November 10, 2011, I will turn 40 years old. I am more determined than ever to reach this milestone as a healthier, trimmer, fitter me!!

My New Year's Resolutions (with regard to fitness and weight loss) are as follows:

Workout AT LEAST 3 times a week
Run in a 5K this spring with my husband
Lose 20 (or more) pounds


Here are the numbers:

Starting weight.........................187.2

Challenge starting weight......183.0

This week..................................182.8

Challenge loss..............................0.2

Total loss.......................................4.4

I am just thrilled that I didn't gain a ridiculous amount during the holiday's. I went to the gym and got back on track with my exercise yesterday. I lost some progress on the C25k, but I'm back running!! And so is my husband!!!

3 comments:

  1. whoooo hoo! I am on the same mission to get back to goal by 40 -- only I have a shorter time to get there (2/17) - congrats on your loss this week and getting back on track. Having your husband on board with you helps SO much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome goals! And wow what a great loss this week! WTG!

    ReplyDelete