Thursday, September 15, 2011

motivation

It's been a long time since I posted here. It's been a long time since I posted any where. Part of me wants to say it's because I've just been too busy. But a huge part of me knows that it's because I'm no where closer to reaching my goals. I turn 40 in less than 2 months, I have weigh more now, than when I last weighed in on this blog.

It isn't for lack of trying. I'm not going to lie and say I worked out a ton, but I did work out pretty darn regularly. This summer, I walked 2 miles every morning with the dog. Then I often went to the gym 3-4 days a week and ran 2-3 miles and did light weights. Didn't drop a pound.

I've been to the Dr and she says my thyroid is a little low. So now I am taking some medication, but still nothing budges. What is even worse, is that my husband has dropped a ton of weight and is up to running 5 miles and looks awesome; meanwhile I look like his frumpy dumpy wife!

Now that I'm back to work full time, I haven't had as much of an opportunity to work out, but I'm still doing something. I also feel like I'm pretty good about what I eat.

Obviously, not good enough.

That being said, I'm gonna do this again! I just signed up for the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans Shrinkvivor Challenge. I did it last year and it was great. That challenge is actually what got me running in the first place!

Hoping I get a great tribe this time around, and that I make it to the finals!

1 comment: